Monday, March 19, 2012

Food Colors in the Bathtub

There are lots of toys you can get for the bathtub, including crayons etc. But the best fun and learning I've found to date are simple food colors.

First, stock the bathroom with lots of fun cups. For example: plastic measuring cups, dishwasher cleaned containers with lids from snacks or butter tubs, funnels, etc.

Play time is just adding a few drops of color to kid's cups and letting them mix and splash them out. I often run the shower with the drain just partially open, letting the colors drain away. But sticking with just one or two colors and letting the whole tub turn a nice shade is good too.

4 comments:

  1. Wish I had thought of this when my kids were bath takers.

    Great idea Vince. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You started a new blog this week? And so did I! My first one ever and I am very new to this, but will try... good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is no coincidence! Your play dough post http://8appel.blogspot.com/2012/03/play-dough.html reminded me that I'd been wanting to share more ideas.

      Delete
  3. Crayola makes some tablets of food coloring that are designed for use in the bath. Lots of fun.. http://www.amazon.com/Crayola-Color-Bath-Dropz/dp/B00009KWTB

    ReplyDelete