Thursday, July 4, 2013

Club soda for cleaning chocolate?

Kids will hold chocolate, and drool chocolate, and wipe chocolate, and it will get into their cloths and everything else upholstered. The internet says to try Club Soda to help clean it. I did. It worked. But, I also had a doubt.

So, I ran an experiment.
Cleaning chocolate with

  • Club Soda
    (carbonated water with potassium bicarbonate & potassium citrate)
  • De-bubbled Club Soda
    (hand blender... excellent de-bubbler, a hit with the kids)
  • Tap water
The results? All equally cleaned the chocolate off:
And, the rest came off by just tossing it in the washing machine. So, perhaps my experiment was flawed ... I needed a tougher stain? Or this rag was too easy a fabric? Or I didn't work it in enough and let it set? A chair's cover definitely remained stained the last time we had a chocolate-a-splosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment